M.D., MSc, FRCP(C)
Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Hematology and Thromboembolism
* MSc, McMaster University, 2006
* FRCP(C) Hematology, 2003
* FRCP(C) Internal Medicine, 2002
* MD, University of Toronto, 1998
Dr. Wendy Lim’s research interests include thrombotic disease and anticoagulant use in patients with renal insufficiency, and the significance of elevated cardiac troponin in critically ill patients. She is the co-principal investigator in a study evaluating therapeutic dose low-molecular-weight heparin in patients with renal insufficiency and is also studying the frequency and prognostic significance of elevated troponin in the intensive care unit. She is also interested in systematic review and meta-analysis methodology.
Dr. Lim’s research awards include a Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) Randomized Controlled Trials Mentoring Program Award (under the direction of Dr. Deborah Cook) and the International Society on Thrombosis and Hemostasis (ISTH) Clinical Research Fellowship. Her research is funded by the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research.
Dr. Lim’s clinical practice includes patients with venous and arterial thromboembolic disorders and patients with hemostatic and coagulation disorders.
1. Lim W, Qushmaq I, Devereaux PJ, Heels-Ansdell D, Lauzier F, Ismaila AS, Crowther MA, Cook DJ. Elevated troponin measurements in critically ill patients. Arch Intern Med 2006;166:2446-54
2. Lim W, Dentali F, Eikelboom JW, Crowther MA. Low molecular weight heparin and bleeding in patients with severe renal insufficiency: A meta-analysis. Ann Intern Med 2006;144:673-84
3. Lim W, Cook DJ, Griffith LE, Crowther MA, Devereaux PJ. Elevated troponin in the critically ill: Prevalence, incidence and outcomes. Am J Crit Care 2006;15:280-8
4. Lim W, Qushmaq I, Cook DJ, Devereaux PJ, Heels-Ansdell D, Crowther MA, Tkacyzk A, Cook RJ. The reliability of electrocardiogram interpretation in critically ill patients. Crit Care Med 2006; 34:1338-43
5. Lim W, Crowther MA, Eikelboom JW. Management of antiphospholipid antibody syndrome: A systematic review. JAMA 2006;295:1050-7
6. Lim W, Cook DJ, Crowther MA. Safety and efficacy of low molecular weight heparins in hemodialysis in patients with end-stage renal failure: a meta-analysis of randomized trials. J Am Soc Nephrol 2004;15:3192-06